For me, my hair has always been a topic of conversation... with myself, in my head of course. The question, "What should I do with my hair?" often includes additional follow up questions like "How much will that cost?".
Let's do a breakdown:
- Hair cut - $60 (keep in mind this typically involves a simple 1 inch trim)
- Boliage - $120 (this is where they put cotton and suran wrap on your head and put you under a space like dryer for 20 min before making you rest your neck uncomfortably in a sink for another 15)
- All over color - $80 (which by the way, if I was gutsy enough, could totally do myself for about $5)
"Why did you do this?!", you are of course asking yourself, I'm sure.
- I may have had a few drinks at happy hour prior to walking into Gene Juarez.
- I may have been stuffed to the brim with happy hour food and in desperate need of a nap.
- I was in need of a hair cut. It had been over three months since my last one. Color treated hair that gets sizzled and burned to a crisp daily often breaks and looks like an 80s rock star wig after awhile.
- I had done all over color before, and always liked it.
- It's cheaper.
And so does Ty... look at his face.
Ty isn't stupid. He doesn't put his life in danger and tell me he doesn't like it. However, this picture is telling me straight.
It's turning red. (Due to my "state" at the time, I forgot to constantly repeat to my hair lady every 5 minutes, as I normally would have, that I don't like red undertones.)
And that's what I got. It's black. With red undertones. (For the record, I hate the words "red" and "undertones".)