it feels like you've always been with me. i've been writing to you for awhile now, as you know. but if i am really honest, i've been thinking about you and obsessing over the thought of you for many moons. it was you that i thought about when i was a little girl and played babies with. it was you i pretended to rock to sleep. it was you i bundled up in the wooden rocker at my grandma's house. it was you i sang to. it was you all along.
you are doing so many amazing things right now. you started walking a few weeks ago. you are continuing to crack us up. morning til night, that's what we do. your daddy and i will lay in bed at night talking about how much we love what you are doing lately. the latest faves happen to be:
- you're cute walk - a.k.a the drunken cowboy
- your new infatuation with trucks - you must say this about 1000 times a day -- any time you hear anything outside, you're sure it's a truck
- your love for your blankie - the stinky corners and all... you look for the corners of your blanket and most nights, when you fight bed time, we'll find you sobbing in your crib holding two corners of your blanket in your mouth. this morning when you woke up and wanted us to come get you, you handed me your blanket first and then wanted to be picked up.
- your cozy hug - you'll do this when you are tired, or when you don't want your feet to touch the cold water in the pool. adorable.
- shy guy - this is new, and we love it. you'll hide away when you meet someone new by tucking down into daddy or me.
- your dance moves - you love music.
- tippy toes - you do this most over your baby gates or the tub and it's so stinking cute.
- your delayed wave - you typically wave bye to people when they are about 40 steps away from you and are no longer looking at you. it's hilarious. you'll watch people as they say bye to you and wave, and they'll wait, sometimes several minutes, just to see you wave. even strangers do this. awkward. finally, they'll give up and walk away. sure enough, by the time they are in their car driving away, you'll start whipping your little hand around. clock work.
- bath time (yes, still) - still the best time of the night.
- airplane - you still do this with your airplane toy. melt me.
- tickle bug - i love doing tickle bug with you. which brings me to my next favorite thing...
- your giggle - the perfect sound. like, ever.
happy 1st birthday, wyatt brady. you're the mascot of our family. the epitome of love in this house.
and most importantly, you represent everything good about your daddy and me.
we love you. more than a fat kid loves cake.